The Economics Society at UCI (ES) is a club founded in Fall 2011 by eight UCI undergraduates majoring in different disciplines such as Economics, Business Administration, Public Health Policy, Mathematics, and Undecided.
We are dedicated to creating a friendly environment and providing resources for students who pursue an interest in economics, through:
- discussing current economic events using in-class knowledge
- supplying information about careers within the economics fields
- providing networking opportunities with fellow students, professionals, and academic staff
Our club is open to everyone: UCI undergraduates, graduates, faculty members, and non-UCI affiliated persons.
Our activities include but are not limited to:
- Economics blogs and discussions
- Economics exam review sessions
- Economics presentations by club members
- Discussion panels by professors, TAs, and alumni about Economics careers and grad schools
- Economics debates by club members and/or professors
- Information sessions for Economics majors and Study-Abroad
- Economics games
- Social events
- Service Certificates