- The president should provide leadership to the club, members and officials.
- The officials must feel comfortable working under the president’s leadership.
- Make sure our club is running according to our mission. Decides the direction of our club.
- Plan and call on general or emergency meetings.
- Presentable with economics knowledge.
- Make an executive order in an emergency.
- Make the club your life. Held every responsibility of the club as your own. Be involved in every activity, event, board assignments and projects.
- Must have the ability to attend every meeting and activity; have good listening, note-taking, organization skills; detail-oriented.
- Must have the ability to create effective emails. Make sure that emails are error-free before sending. Emails must contain weekly event information and important updates about the club.
- Check and answer the club email daily.
- Send out weekly emails.
Finance Director –
- Must have the basic knowledge about bookkeeping and accounting.
- Collect membership fee and forward the registration form to HR Director. Remind the unpaid members.
- Create sign-in sheet with printed list of paid members for every event and meeting. Keep track of the unpaid members who already attend one free event of the quarter.
- Be visionary and creative to come up with fundraising plans (either from members, professors, or outside sponsors).
- Decide the most efficient way to spend out budget. Every spending must be agreed upon by the board and be reported.
- Reimburse other officials or members for their approved spending. Receipt must be presented and stored by the treasurer for the whole academic year.
- Maintain a receipt book
- Create a budget report for every event, every quarter, and every year. Any official may request those reports at any time.
- Open and manage a bank account for the club if necessary.
Internal Affairs Director & Director Assistant –
- For vacant office, advertise opening position and screen applicant. Assist the President to choose the best candidate
- For internship, advertise opening position and screen applicant. Assist each office to choose the best candidate.
- Allocate members into suitable jobs.
- Maintain a schedule of availability of all officials as well as their contact information.
- Motivate, supervise, and evaluate the work of officials. Make oral or written quarterly report on officials’ performance to the President.
- Motivate, supervise, and evaluate the work of all members. Keep track of members’ attendance and service by collecting the sign-in sheet at the end of every event and meeting. Be responsible for the annual member evaluation and award.
- Update the contact list on Gmail and Facebook.
- Promote the bond among officials and members.
External Relations Director & Director Assistant –
- Must be energetic and people-oriented, and know how to conduct oneself in a professional dispostion.
- Establish and strengthen the relationship between the club and other non-UCI parties such as alumni, professors, graduate students, and company representatives.
- Promote the club to various companies relevant to the club-members’ interest in economics.
- Serve as the contact person for guest speakers for all events.
- Must be prompt in emailing and contacting guests speakers.
Marketing Director & Director Assistant–
- Must be energetic, creative, and people-oriented.
- Be responsible for the marketing of all events either in person or online
- Prepare advertising materials such as banners and flyers
- Evaluate and report the effectiveness of marketing strategy to the board
- Establish and strengthen the relationship between the club and other UCI parties such as current and perspective members, and other clubs.
- Advise the club and its officials about their public representation
Programs and Events Planning Director & Director Assistant –
- Reserve space and equipment for all events and meetings
- Propose to the board schedule of events for every quarter
- Publish all information of the events on the Anteater Weekly and Club website
- Evaluate and report the success of all events to the board
Content Creator & Assistant Content Creator–
- Write the blog on the club’s website and manage the club’s facebook page
- Create economic topics for the club to discuss and lead the discussions
- Coordinate with invited organizations/speakers on economic topics
- Provide economic resources to interested members